Garden Annexes are a perfect solution for the following :-
- To create a home for elderly parents that allows them to live independently while having family support on hand when needed.
- For young adults struggling to get on the housing ladder, more parents are providing this cost effective solution and it is becoming increasingly popular.
- For a live in nanny or carer to provide the family with additional help.
All our buildings are bespoke, each one is unique and designed to client requirements, you choose the shape and size then we will design it for you.
Our garden annexes are permanent buildings, they comply to full building regulations and will add value to your property.
Our buildings contain Rigid Insulation Board: 140mm in the walls, 100mm in the floor and 100mm on the roof, making them one of the highest insulated garden rooms on the market ensuring low ongoing running costs.
We offer a turnkey solution from design to hand over of keys. A company director oversees the project from start to finish, ensuring deliveries and professional tradesmen are arranged on schedule to allow the project to run smoothly and finish on time. As a family run business, we are passionate about giving our clients a stress free service.
Our garden annexes will require building control and planning as they are used for sleeping accommodation, we can arrange both of these on your behalf.
Our price quoted includes all you need for your perfect garden annexe :-
- Reinforced concrete foundations.
- Supply of all services for bathroom/kitchen facilities .
- Trenching for drainage and make good including re-instating paving where necessary.
- Foul connection, a pumping station may be required if the garden annexe is lower than the house drain, we can supply and install this for you, there is no need to arrange anything yourself.
- Electrical connection from the consumer unit in the garden room to the consumer unit in your house.
- Electrical package including LED downlights and power points.
- Choice of flooring.
- Fully plastered internally.
- Fully insulated with low U-values so you can use it all year round with minimal heating.
- Contemporary bathroom and kitchen with appliances.
- Arrange inspections with building control as required.
- Heating including LPG gas central heating, Electric heating and Air Conditioning Units which provide both heating and cooling.
When choosing your hot water and shower system, there are various options:
- For larger annexes LPG gas boiler which also runs the central heating system
- Pressurised water cylinder
- Cold feed electric shower
We favour pressurised water cylinders and install a 125 litre pressurised water cylinder to supply the kitchen and shower room with hot water. We are one of only a few companies that go to the lengths of incorporating such systems. There are many benefits to incorporating this type of system, for instance, consistent water pressure – no fear of being in the shower and someone in the main house turning the tap on and your shower petering out! Also, a handy airing cupboard is been created to store towels and bedding.
See 'Popular Questions' section for information on pricing.
Read More About Our Services Below
We offer a Turnkey Solution.
The following services are done by our own staff as part of your project :-
- Connections to manholes or foul lines
- Installation of new Inspection Chambers
- New Water Supply
- Installation of Sewage Pumping Station if the fall is not adequate
- Electric connections from your existing fuse board to the new building
The above work is covered by Building Regulations and will be signed off by our Building Inspector
Our garden rooms are built on a reinforced concrete foundation. We believe this is the best method to build a permanent garden room, you wouldn’t build a house or a rear extension on anything other than a strip foundation and concrete slab, so why compromise with your new garden room building.
We protect your garden by laying trench covers before we start the ground works.
What are the advantages of a concrete base :-
- A reduced dig creates an internal floor to ceiling height of 2.15 metres
- There is no void under the building avoiding nesting rats and foxes
- No decking is required outside the room to cover the void area, so if you wish you can step straight from your garden room onto the lawn, this saves you the additional expense of decking and avoids ongoing maintenance of the skirting around the building and the decked area.
- As there are no pockets of cold air under the building there is less heat loss.
- A great solution for a site on a steep gradient.
- A concrete base, we believe this is the best form of construction for a permanent building.
- Reinforcing the foundation with rebar has a high compressive strength.
- Great for rooms which require a stable base ie. gym, weight training, dance studio – a concrete base avoids the bouncy floor effect.
You will never see decking around an Executive Garden Room, our rooms are 100mm above ground level so you can step directly out onto grass, paving or stone. Why pay extra for decking when it has a short life span and becomes an ice rink in the winter.
On top of the concrete slab, we lay a further damp proof membrane and 100mm of insulation, moisture resistant chipboard and finished with your choice of flooring.
We offer a variety of choices of flooring, engineered wood flooring, tiles or laminate.
Clad in Cedral Weatherboard with its ‘A2-S1,do’ rating for fire and its painted finish which will not fade, it is a practical, maintenance free, contemporary product which comes in various colours.
Fire safety is extremely important, especially if the building is to be used for sleeping accommodation.
The walls are 200mm thick and contain a total of 140mm insulation and sheathed in 18mm OSB (3) structural board, we use a warm frame construction method in which 50mm of the insulation is on the outside of the building, this ensures that the timber frame remains within the warm envelope. This also offers higher thermal mass and excellent heat retention.
We only use treated CLS timber which has been structurally graded and pressure impregnated with Tanalith E treatment for external use.
We offer the highest specification wall make up in the garden room industry.
Resilient bar is included allowing the ceiling to be de-coupled from the vibrating surface which will reduce both vibration and impact noise penetration to substantially improve the sound insulating qualities, this is ideal for a music room or recording studio.
The walls are then finished internally with 12.5mm plasterboard which is plastered and painted with 3 coats of vinyl matt paint, this created a contemporary feel with no ugly cover strips on show.
Our roofs are based on a flat roof design, they are built with a warm deck construction.
As we build our rooms from scratch on site using a substantial traditional timber frame system, our structure can take the weight of a 3-layer torch-on bitumen roof system. We are one of only a few garden room suppliers who use this long-established roofing covering system.
The roof is finished with 3 layers of torch on mineral felt totalling 8mm thick.
The roof structure contains a total of 100mm PIR insulation board, 18mm OSB (3) structural board, 12.5mm plasterboard which is plastered and painted with 3 coats of vinyl matt paint.
All our flat roofs have a 17mm per metre fall to comply with Building Regulations.
We can install various sizes of Velux Roof Lights, these can be fixed or opening, controlled by remote and include rain sensors, blinds can also be fitted within the unit, especially useful if the garden room is to be used for sleeping accommodation.
We install guttering to the back of your garden room to a single downpipe to a water butt.
The roof has a 10 year guarantee, although will last a minimum of 30 years.
Sedum roofs can be installed, for them to have longevity they need to be installed correctly.
Windows & Doors
We offer three options for our window and doors :-
- Excellent quality UPVC in various colours.
- Aluminium windows and doors.
- Doors are fitted with a multi-point lock and conform to PAS 23 & PAS 24 performance standards.
- Windows are fitted with shootbolt locking.
- We have various colours of door/window handles to choose from.
UPVC double glazed windows available in ten standard colours manufactured with Veka, featuring unique 8 point SAC locking system.
Sliding and French Doors feature Yale 10 point high security locking system, anti-lift bolts, 3 opposing steel hooks for maximum strength and centre dead latch for ease of operation.
Double glazed sealed units are energy A rated using Pilkington K glass argon gas filled with a 1.5wk/m U value.
All window and door products feature Q-Lon weather seals guaranteed not to shrink stretch or rot, the 99% memory foam improves both thermal and acoustic performance.
All our garden rooms come fully wired and connection from your house to the consumer unit in the garden room comes as standard, no outside contractors are required.
On completion of your garden room a Part P certificate is supplied to you and your local authority.
The following items are included in our price : Integral consumer unit, dimmer switch, power sockets, LED down lights (internal & external), smoke alarm, external security light with PIR.
Popular upgrades include Security alarm, Cat6A data point, TV aeriel, Telephone connection.
To complete the contemporary feel to your garden room, we fit either wall mounted panel heaters with thermostatic control or air conditioning units which provide both cooling in the summer and heating in the winter, an excellently efficient way to control the temperature all year round.
All items listed in your quotation are positioned to your requirements.
The u-value is the rate at which heat is lost through the floor, walls, roof and glazing.
Each element in the construction such as the plasterboard, insulation, and cladding has a u-value.
The lower the number, the more efficient.
The best quality and long term value garden rooms should be built to Building Regulation standards.
The 2010 Building Regulations state that the u-values for new buildings should be:-
Floor 0.22 Walls 0.28 Roof 0.18 Windows/Doors 1.8
U-VALUES FOR EXECUTIVE GARDEN ROOMS :-
- Floor 0.21
- Walls 0.18
- Roof 0.15
- Windows/Doors 1.50 (double glazed) 0.80 (triple glazed)
How much Insulation is in the Building?
How much will my Garden Annexe Cost?
Who will be onsite during the build process?
Do you offer Deposit Protection?
What Guarantees do you offer?
What is the lead-time?
What are the payment terms?
Will the garden room add value to my property?
Why do we build on a concrete slab foundation?
Do I need Building Control?
Do I need Planning Permission?