- What areas do we cover?
We cover a 120 mile radius of Dorset (BH22). Popular areas include Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ferndown, Wimborne, Dorchester, Portsmouth, Wareham, Weymouth, Swanage, Brockenhurst, Shaftesbury, Salisbury, Hampshire, Wiltshire, London, Middlesex, Surrey and Bristol.
- How much Insulation is in the Building?
Our buildings contain Rigid Insulation Board: 140mm in the walls, 100mm in the floor and 100mm on the roof, making them one of the highest insulated garden rooms on the market ensuring low ongoing running costs.
- Who will be onsite during the build process?
A company director will be on site throughout the build to oversee the project, we have an excellent team of professionals to do specific trades i.e. electrician, tiler, plasterer, roofer.
- Do you offer Deposit Protection?
We are accredited members of the IWA, who offer comprehensive deposit protection and insurance backed guarantees. For more information on the IWA click here.
- What Guarantees do you offer?
We offer a 10 year warranty, the same as a new build house.
- Can I have a toilet/shower room?
Yes a toilet and/or shower can be added, we will do the trench work for foul and water services together with all connections to manhole as required. Building regulations will be required for all connections to mains services, we arrange this on your behalf.
- What is the lead-time?
Our current lead time is 4-6 weeks from placement of order.
- What are the payment terms?
- 25% when the order is placed.
- 25% on completion of the foundations.
- 40% on completion of the structure, doors and windows.
- 10% on completion of the build.
- We also offer a 30 day retention.
- Will the garden room add value to my property?
Our buildings are built to a high specification and will last for 50+ years, they are permanent buildings and will add between 80% > 100% of their cost price to the value of your property.
- Why do we build on a concrete slab foundation?
- A reduced dig creates an internal floor to ceiling height of 2.15 metres.
- There is no void under the building avoiding rodents and foxes.
- No decking is required outside the room to cover the void area.
- As there are no pockets of cold air under the building there is less heat loss.
- More solid base equals more durable, we believe this is the best form of construction for a permanent building.
- Do I need Building Control?
Building Regulations do NOT apply if:
- The internal area is less than 15m2.
- If the Internal area is less than 30m2 and is not within 1 metre of the boundary.
Building Regulations DO apply if:
- If you require a toilet, shower or basin to be connected to mains services.
- If it is self-contained or a living accommodation.
- If the building is 30m2 or over.
Our buildings are permanent structures which comply to Schedule 2 of the Building Regulations 2010 (Statutory Instrument).
We arrange the building control process for you, making appointments for the building inspector to visit site during the various stages of the build.
- Do I need Planning Permission?
We offer a full service when it comes to Planning. If your garden room requires planning permission, we can liaise with the planning department and submit applications on your behalf.
- How much will my garden room cost?
We do not have a standard product because each garden room is bespoke. The price varies on the design you choose, the amount of windows and doors, distance from your property etc. After an initial telephone conversation we can provide you with a guide price and offer a site survey, from which we will prepare a full quotation. We have provided some budget costs, take a look at the Popular Question section in “Our Buildings”.