Garden Offices are becoming increasingly popular as more people are working from home. A Garden Office is a real asset to your property, making it much more saleable in the future.
2.45 million people in Britain currently run businesses from home, this represents one in 12 of the working population.
Why waste money renting office space and waste time commuting to work when you can work from your own back garden.
When working from home, its important to separate your domestic life from your work, by creating both mental and physical boundaries. The best way to create a motivating and productive environment is to have a dedicated workspace, an office in the garden is the perfect solution.
We can create your perfect office which can be used all year round, with an electrical package including telephone point, CAT6A data point, TV aerial point, air conditioning unit etc. Our garden rooms are low maintenance and provide a highly secure environment.
This price includes foundations, electrical connection from the consumer unit in the garden room to the consumer unit in your house, heating, LED downlights, flooring, fully plastered, fully insulated with low U-values so you can use it all year round with minimal heating.
Note on Building Control
- It is recommended by Building Control that if you use your garden room as an office, it must comply with full building control to ensure sufficient ventilation.
- Our buildings are permanent structures which comply to Schedule 2 of the Building Regulations 2010 (Statutory Instrument).
- Our garden rooms have highly insulated walls, floors, ceiling, air flow cavities, vapour barriers and breathing membranes.
- Excellent U-Values, our garden rooms will cost you less to heat.
See 'Popular Questions' section for information on pricing.
Read More About Our Services Below
We offer a Turnkey Solution.
The following services are done by our own staff as part of your project :-
- Connections to manholes or foul lines
- Installation of new Inspection Chambers
- New Water Supply
- Installation of Sewage Pumping Station if the fall is not adequate
- Electric connections from your existing fuse board to the new building
The above work is covered by Building Regulations and will be signed off by our Building Inspector
Our garden rooms are built on a reinforced concrete foundation. We believe this is the best method to build a permanent garden room, you wouldn’t build a house or a rear extension on anything other than a strip foundation and concrete slab, so why compromise with your new garden room building.
We protect your garden by laying trench covers before we start the ground works.
What are the advantages of a concrete base :-
- A reduced dig creates an internal floor to ceiling height of 2.15 metres
- There is no void under the building avoiding nesting rats and foxes
- No decking is required outside the room to cover the void area, so if you wish you can step straight from your garden room onto the lawn, this saves you the additional expense of decking and avoids ongoing maintenance of the skirting around the building and the decked area.
- As there are no pockets of cold air under the building there is less heat loss.
- A great solution for a site on a steep gradient.
- A concrete base, we believe this is the best form of construction for a permanent building.
- Reinforcing the foundation with rebar has a high compressive strength.
- Great for rooms which require a stable base ie. gym, weight training, dance studio – a concrete base avoids the bouncy floor effect.
You will never see decking around an Executive Garden Room, our rooms are 100mm above ground level so you can step directly out onto grass, paving or stone. Why pay extra for decking when it has a short life span and becomes an ice rink in the winter.
On top of the concrete slab, we lay a further damp proof membrane and 100mm of insulation, moisture resistant chipboard and finished with your choice of flooring.
We offer a variety of choices of flooring, engineered wood flooring, tiles or laminate.
Clad in Cedral Weatherboard with its ‘A2-S1,do’ rating for fire and its painted finish which will not fade, it is a practical, maintenance free, contemporary product which comes in various colours.
Fire safety is extremely important, especially if the building is to be used for sleeping accommodation.
The walls are 200mm thick and contain a total of 140mm insulation and sheathed in 18mm OSB (3) structural board, we use a warm frame construction method in which 50mm of the insulation is on the outside of the building, this ensures that the timber frame remains within the warm envelope. This also offers higher thermal mass and excellent heat retention.
We only use treated CLS timber which has been structurally graded and pressure impregnated with Tanalith E treatment for external use.
We offer the highest specification wall make up in the garden room industry.
Resilient bar is included allowing the ceiling to be de-coupled from the vibrating surface which will reduce both vibration and impact noise penetration to substantially improve the sound insulating qualities, this is ideal for a music room or recording studio.
The walls are then finished internally with 12.5mm plasterboard which is plastered and painted with 3 coats of vinyl matt paint, this created a contemporary feel with no ugly cover strips on show.
Our roofs are based on a flat roof design, they are built with a warm deck construction.
As we build our rooms from scratch on site using a substantial traditional timber frame system, our structure can take the weight of a 3-layer torch-on bitumen roof system. We are one of only a few garden room suppliers who use this long-established roofing covering system.
The roof is finished with 3 layers of torch on mineral felt totalling 8mm thick.
The roof structure contains a total of 100mm PIR insulation board, 18mm OSB (3) structural board, 12.5mm plasterboard which is plastered and painted with 3 coats of vinyl matt paint.
All our flat roofs have a 17mm per metre fall to comply with Building Regulations.
We can install various sizes of Velux Roof Lights, these can be fixed or opening, controlled by remote and include rain sensors, blinds can also be fitted within the unit, especially useful if the garden room is to be used for sleeping accommodation.
We install guttering to the back of your garden room to a single downpipe to a water butt.
The roof has a 10 year guarantee, although will last a minimum of 30 years.
Sedum roofs can be installed, for them to have longevity they need to be installed correctly.
Windows & Doors
We offer three options for our window and doors :-
- Excellent quality UPVC in various colours.
- Aluminium windows and doors.
- Doors are fitted with a multi-point lock and conform to PAS 23 & PAS 24 performance standards.
- Windows are fitted with shootbolt locking.
- We have various colours of door/window handles to choose from.
UPVC double glazed windows available in ten standard colours manufactured with Veka, featuring unique 8 point SAC locking system.
Sliding and French Doors feature Yale 10 point high security locking system, anti-lift bolts, 3 opposing steel hooks for maximum strength and centre dead latch for ease of operation.
Double glazed sealed units are energy A rated using Pilkington K glass argon gas filled with a 1.5wk/m U value.
All window and door products feature Q-Lon weather seals guaranteed not to shrink stretch or rot, the 99% memory foam improves both thermal and acoustic performance.
All our garden rooms come fully wired and connection from your house to the consumer unit in the garden room comes as standard, no outside contractors are required.
On completion of your garden room a Part P certificate is supplied to you and your local authority.
The following items are included in our price : Integral consumer unit, dimmer switch, power sockets, LED down lights (internal & external), smoke alarm, external security light with PIR.
Popular upgrades include Security alarm, Cat6A data point, TV aeriel, Telephone connection.
To complete the contemporary feel to your garden room, we fit either wall mounted panel heaters with thermostatic control or air conditioning units which provide both cooling in the summer and heating in the winter, an excellently efficient way to control the temperature all year round.
All items listed in your quotation are positioned to your requirements.
The u-value is the rate at which heat is lost through the floor, walls, roof and glazing.
Each element in the construction such as the plasterboard, insulation, and cladding has a u-value.
The lower the number, the more efficient.
The best quality and long term value garden rooms should be built to Building Regulation standards.
The 2010 Building Regulations state that the u-values for new buildings should be:-
Floor 0.22 Walls 0.28 Roof 0.18 Windows/Doors 1.8
U-VALUES FOR EXECUTIVE GARDEN ROOMS :-
- Floor 0.21
- Walls 0.18
- Roof 0.15
- Windows/Doors 1.50 (double glazed) 0.80 (triple glazed)
- What areas do we cover?
We cover a 50 mile radius of Dorset (BH22). Popular areas include Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ferndown, Wimborne, Dorchester, Portsmouth, Wareham, Weymouth, Swanage, Brockenhurst, Shaftesbury, Salisbury, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Middlesex and Surrey.
- How much Insulation is in the Building?
Our buildings contain Rigid Insulation Board: 140mm in the walls, 100mm in the floor and 100mm on the roof, making them one of the highest insulated garden rooms on the market ensuring low ongoing running costs.
- How much will my Garden Office cost?
Each Garden Office is bespoke. The price varies on the design you choose, the amount of windows and doors, distance from your property etc. After an initial telephone conversation we can provide you with a guide price and offer a site survey, from which we will prepare a full quotation.
Below is a guide, all prices include VAT:-
A 12m2 Bespoke Garden Room £20,900
A 18m2 Bespoke Garden Room £26,950
A 24m2 Bespoke Garden Room £32,500
A 32m2 Bespoke Garden Room £39,700
If a toilet or shower room is required the price is dependent on length of drainage run and connections required.
- Who will be onsite during the build process?
A company director will be on site throughout the build to oversee the project, we have an excellent team of professionals to do specific trades i.e. electrician, tiler, plasterer, roofer.
- Do you offer Deposit Protection?
We are accredited members of the IWA, who offer comprehensive deposit protection and insurance backed guarantees. For more information on the IWA click here.
- What Guarantees do you offer?
We offer a 10 year warranty, the same as a new build house.
- Can I have a toilet/shower room?
Yes a toilet and/or shower can be added, we will do the trench work for foul and water services together with all connections to manhole as required. Building regulations will be required for all connections to mains services, we arrange this on your behalf.
- What is the lead-time?
Our current lead time is 4-6 weeks from placement of order.
- What are the payment terms?
- 25% when the order is placed.
- 25% on completion of the foundations.
- 40% on completion of the structure, doors and windows.
- 10% on completion of the build.
- We also offer a 30 day retention.
- Will the garden room add value to my property?
Our buildings are built to a high specification and will last for 50+ years, they are permanent buildings and will add between 80% > 100% of their cost price to the value of your property.
- Why do we build on a concrete slab foundation?
- A reduced dig creates an internal floor to ceiling height of 2.15 metres.
- There is no void under the building avoiding rodents and foxes.
- No decking is required outside the room to cover the void area.
- As there are no pockets of cold air under the building there is less heat loss.
- More solid base equals more durable, we believe this is the best form of construction for a permanent building.
- Do I need Building Control?
Building Regulations do NOT apply if:
- The internal area is less than 15m2.
- If the Internal area is less than 30m2 and is not within 1 metre of the boundary.
Building Regulations DO apply if:
- If you require a toilet, shower or basin to be connected to mains services.
- If it is self-contained or a living accommodation.
- If the building is 30m2 or over.
Our buildings are permanent structures which comply to Schedule 2 of the Building Regulations 2010 (Statutory Instrument).
We arrange the building control process for you, making appointments for the building inspector to visit site during the various stages of the build.
- Do I need Planning Permission?
We offer a full service when it comes to Planning. If your garden room requires planning permission, we can liaise with the planning department and submit applications on your behalf.